The Snoqualmie Valley Schools Foundation encourages excellence and assures opportunities in education for every student, in every school, every day in the Snoqualmie Valley School District.
Successful students, a thriving community and a vibrant future for the Snoqualmie Valley.
- COMMUNITY – We contribute to the development of future leaders and responsible citizens for our community through our commitment to excellence in education and assuring opportunities.
- COLLABORATION – We collaborate with students, teachers, administrators, community members, and business partners to support excellence in education.
- INNOVATION – We strive for solutions through innovative processes, technologies, and services that add value to the education of our students and staff in every classroom.
- EMPOWERMENT – We provide tools to empower students and staff throughout the District to be the best they can be and provide passion for lifelong learning.
The 5,700 students in Snoqualmie Valley Schools deserve to be provided with the tools and skills necessary to succeed during through their school years and beyond. Community support for schools has a direct impact on the quality of this education. The Snoqualmie Valley Schools Foundation is dedicated to raising community support for schools and to funding meaningful and essential programs in the Snoqualmie Valley.
Since 2003, the Foundation has funded over $480,000 of educational programs that otherwise may not have been funded. Because of very low overhead 91% of the Foundation’s spending over these years has been for our three main programs: Classroom Grants, District-Wide Initiatives, and Professional Development.
Our goals continue to be focused on significantly increasing the funding in these three main areas by increasing donations from the community:
- Enhancing Education via funding Classroom Grants
- Improving Student Achievement through District-Wide Initiatives
- Encouraging Professional Development with Leadership and Educational Programs
The Snoqualmie Valley Schools Foundation celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2008. Originally started as Citizens for Better Schools, the Foundation has been funding Classroom Grants for 20 years. In the last few years the Foundation significantly increased its impact on the 5,700 students in the Snoqualmie Valley School District by also funding meaningful and essential District-Wide Initiatives and Professional Development opportunities for teachers.
The Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)3 charitable foundation. We are comprised entirely of volunteer parents, community members, and business sponsors.